What is it?
Sizer 4.0 is the latest version of the popular utility used to accurately resize and reposition windows.
The latest preview version is available for download as an
MSI installer sizer4_dev562.msi (292KB)
or as binaries only sizer4_dev562.zip (97KB).
What's new in version 4
- Better compatibility. Sizer has been completely rewritten to improve compatibility with modern
applications including Windows 10 Apps. Sizer 4.0 is less intrusive than previous versions and therefore
is more stable. Unfortunately this increased stability comes at a small price, some infrequently
used features have been removed as a result. See the more
details page for further info.
- Hot keys. Sizer actions, including bringing up the main resizing menu, can be assigned to a
hot key that can be used at any time. e.g. by default pressing Ctrl+Win+Z brings up the
Sizer context menu. This saves you hunting out the window border to right click it.
- Macros and expressions. Specify sizes and positions as formula. e.g. 0.7 * w:mon results
in a value that is 70% of the width of the current monitor. With macros you can position several
windows at the same time allowing you to layout multiple applications the way you want them. Further
documentation will follow but in the meantime you can consult the railroad diagrams for details of the syntax.
- Menu groups. Simplify and tidy up the Sizer menu by creating cascading menus with groups.
- Portable. Run Sizer from a USB pen drive or keep your configurations in one place.
- Configuration file management. Export and import settings via the user interface.